Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Suggestions please?

I am fascinated by my digital culture book, but I am also starting to brainstorm ways in which I can connect and create with regards to my chosen piece of literature, Labyrinths by Jorge Luis Borges.

I have discovered that there is a Borges institute in Pittsburgh, and they had a colloquium in March about his work. One speaker in particular piqued my interest; her name is Evelyn Fishburn. She is a professor emeritus of Latin American Literary Studies at the London Metropolitan University. I want to contact her about her work, but I have no idea if she would respond...has anyone ever had success contacting a "high-up" before? Tips/stories/thoughts would be appreciated :)

2 comments:

  1. I say Go for it. You'll never know if she would be willing to respond unless you try. The great thing about email is that it is easy and not very intrusive. If she doesn't respond then no harm done, but if she does respond it will be a great source of information for you.

    ReplyDelete